Friday, June 16, 2006

Speechless



The photo is the Pulitzer Prize winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The picture shows a famine stricken crawling towards a UN food camp located a kilometer away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken. Three months later he commited suicide due to depression.

1 of my friend send a e-mail to me with this picture and saying not to waste food that we have because people in the other part of the world do not have food to eat. This picture actually make quite a big impact in me and the way we should treasure food that we have instead of throwing it away.

Looking at this picture many things actually came to my mind like donating money to needy countries and oversea community involvement program where you can build school or hospital for those people. Perharps adopt a little kid and allow him or her to have a proper educcation and be like kid in the other world have a good childhood.

I think I sound very holy...Just kidding. But if I really have that amount of money I'll go and adopt a kid and pay for his or her education fee. Most likelly also join Red Cross as a volunteer just like what Jia Hao is doing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home